Tuesday, August 29, 2006

From a Nissan Altima to a Tornade A-3000

Yes, my friends, Ralph is no longer behind the wheels. I ride a lovely bike. Not a Mo-ped or motorcycle. A two wheel All Terrain Bicycle. Lol, it has its ups and downs I guess. I don’t have to pay gas. I can park almost anywhere. And I receive a work out going up and down these hills. Downs are, I can’t travel far. I can’t shop for big items. And it is small. lol.

Well everyone here rides a bike. Many Japanese youth don’t even drive. Especially in the city. Much like New York. Everyone is on public transportation or a bike. The transportation here is slight different then tokyo. They have trolleys here which I did not notice in Yokohama or Tokyo. However, unlike the states, they are VERY punctual. You can count on the bus or train to be right on time. off by seconds, if that much. So it is very reliable.

During rush hour, the trains are sooo packed. Standing room only. You don’t even have to stand. Just lean on someone and they are porbably holding you up. Packed like sardines. The person near the door has to push people back so the door can close. In Tokyo, they had an issue during rush hour where guys would feel up on the girls. So they had to make separate cars just for women. That’s crazy.

Cars here are so different than the states. They have models you will never see in the states. They drive on the left side. And they are all about the newest. Cars older than 10 years don’t exist here. They are always getting replaced. It’s not for show or fashion, but regulated by the government. They spend a lot of money to make sure the cars are environmentally safe. Also, many people rather dispose of their older car then pay all the fees and costs to maintain it. Toyota, Honda, and Nissan are the biggest makers here. They are everywhere. I swear I never see a same model twice. They have so many different types. Also, EVERYONE, I tell you EVERYONE has navigations systems. Whether it’s stock or afte-market. (Came with the car or bought after words.) And it helps, because they don’t necessarily have building numbers and street names all the time. Just a corner and a block or something.
Well if I don’t gain weight by eating, I hope I gain calves. lol.

later...


Picture of my view on the bullet train







Picture of the bullet train. Can you see it?

No comments: